Tracks and Fields

So I found this great website called Tracks and Fields. This is how it works: Ad Agencies, Film Producers, and Game Producers of the sort can send them request for music they need. This website will post these requests and composers turn in submissions based on the needs of the client. The client then gets to pick from those submission and the composer chosen gets PAID. Pretty cool idea if you ask me. Although, I believe any artist should get paid for their work. Not only are we working hard to create something like this, but we are producing something nobody else can create. So, when a company says,"create something for me and I will tell you if I will buy it," that puts us in a bad spot.

Anyways, despite my general conflict with this, I will try it out a few times. Some day I will get my feet on the ground and will not need it anymore. If anything, it's a cool way to give myself composition assignments when I have some free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment